Monday, March 28, 2011

Bright shiney day.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I didn't get to any cute crafts over the weekend - what a shame!

But I did get the first layer of primer up on those darn red walls in the soon-to-be craft room. That was exciting. I'm so glad I took the advice of the paint guy and had the primer tinted to the exact shade of the paint... it looks like that is going to make a big difference in how many coats of paint it will take to cover that original red.

Of course being the over thinking, over extending, scatter brain that I am, I am already thinking about my next project.

The humongous armoire I just purchased from kijiji is soon to find it's home in my bedroom. My tiny bedroom. By the way have you noticed I preface all my rooms with the word "tiny"... maybe I should switch to "cozy" or "quaint"... maybe I can't do that yet because after jamming in a queen size bed and two narrow end tables I already feel like I am tripping over furniture?

Anyhow today finds me scouring the internet looking for inspiration, and also proof that, yes indeed we need to paint the crappy laminate and the yellow oak doors on that armoire. Yes we do. When you have a smallish room I think the last thing you want is a giant piece of furniture staring at you. Make it mellow, paint it white.

This room is pretty much the size of my actual room... I would have to stand in my closet to take this picture... "cozy".  But there isn't any visual clutter and yet the room is very decorated. But that armoire is just sitting quietly in the corner minding it's own business. Just the way I like it. This room might be a little too bling for me, but it is so calm it's a contender for the "see honey! painted armoire!" file.
Via Style at Home



No comments: