Monday, March 7, 2011

I Survived!

Do you guys remember I was telling you about the pit of neglect, aka "The Red Room"?

Well! After almost having a nervy B trying to find my spools of thread, and bits of cut fabric for my quilt and tripping over dinosaurs and castles (The red room had a brief stint as a playroom once... brief... like 2 weeks... then it was obvious I couldn't fit my kid, his friend and all his crap in the room...) I threw my hands in the air. I stomped out of the room, stepping on a lego and tripping over a tube of wrapping paper in the process... I realized I was done with the uselessness of The Red Room...

So I weighed my options...
Via Wikipedia
Via Free Stock Photos

... and decided on Thursday (after still no luck finding the quilt) to just take the day off and use my impromptu 4-day weekend to clean it out. Luckily I got the clutter busted out quickly, then spent the next day organizing my craft supplies... I feel like I am in the home stretch and I still have 2 pieces of furniture to paint - oh and the room. But! I can now find my quilt pieces, I could easily grab a gift bag, tissue paper and a card for the birthday party my son attended without swearing, and I can see that I have about 6 bottles of white paint...

I can't wait to show you how this will turn out!

Oh yeah, not a single pic of it to share today... my camera is missing. Ha. Go figure.

But check out this beauty I have my eye on!

Hopefully everything works out and I can get it from the seller this week. I'm thinking I have the perfect spot for this in the dining room! (White... with green interior? maybe?)


No comments: