Thursday, March 17, 2011

What started it all...

I'm sure that somehow the tripping over wrapping paper tubes was what spurred on the whole red room to craft room redo.

So I am just giving you a glimpse into the red room... a sliver of progress... something to prove there IS actually things being done.

This is the closet (which is slowly becoming decrapified).


Now look a little bit closer...

There is all that offending wrapping paper! I finally came up with a system that will work for me. I need to SEE what I have, so poking it under the bed is no option or  I just assume I have none, and keep buying more. So I quickly rigged up a way to hang the rolls neatly and it didn't involve a drill, or dowels. No sir...  meet my seriously unfancy wrapping paper hangers:


That's it! I just screwed the cup hooks into a piece of trim that holds up that top shelf, one on each side trying to keep each set relatively parallel. Then I cut the twine to string across. I left extra twine so I could tie it into loops at either end and that way I could easily remove the twine and take out which ever wrapping paper tube I needed.
Easy peasy folks. Being cheap can sometimes result in the easiest solution... for once!

Here's a sneak peak of what is to come:

That is my $5 sewing table. I am just thinking over some finishing touches and hopefully it will be ready to show you in a couple days!

No comments: