Monday, October 25, 2010

As promised...

Well, here is what all the hinting was about...


I think it's just the cutest, if I do say so myself. I was thinking that I wanted to do a sort of pillowcase dress that was wearable in the fall, for those of us in the colder climates. I went looking around at pillowcases, and thought maybe flannel, maybe denim and then it came to me - I ask you, what is cosier than polar fleece?

What is more fall/ Halloween / festive than the orange, yellow and white of a piece of candy corn?


 I didn't use a pattern for this as it is meant to be as basic as the pillowcase dress... so here is a sort of step by step guide.

First take a picture of your fabric.


Just kidding. I don't even know what I was thinking. Wooo.... fabric. But you will need fabric and some kind of closer, I opted to not do the ribbon ties because I felt it would be too bulky, so I got some snaps.

Cut your fabric to the width you require. Then, because I used three colours, sew it into one large panel.

Once you have your panel you sew the sides together, pin the hem, and cut out an appropriate shape for the arms and neck. You could use a shirt or dress yoo already have as a guide.


You are almost done! All that is left is the 1/4" hem along the raw edges of the arms and neck - then you can add pieces to make the straps longer if needed.  Once you are all done with the hemming all that is required is to add the snaps or buttons!
(and have you sweet husband take a shaky picture of that step - this is crucial. ;) )

All done! Let's see that cute dress again OK? A little white long sleeve shirt, and tights... cute!


Enjoy!

No comments: