Monday, October 4, 2010

Time flies...

Man the weekend zipped by before I knew it... which means I didn't get my pictures posted.

Sorry guys, this whole blogging thing is still new for me, and keeping up a posting schedule is hard!

Guess what is NOT hard? Roasting a chicken breast. Now, don't laugh... I could probably glue Vaseline to Teflon... but cooking always makes me panic. Maybe it's the two (picky!) misters in my house... or maybe it's the part where I totally did the 1 - 2 skip a few thing on the "learning to cook" front. Or both. Either way you slice it the deck was stacked against me on this folks.

I wanted to share my two favourite sites for cooking and recipes... the first one has a really a great cooking for dummies basics guide - and the second has so many fun, do-able, yummy recipes I've considered just printing out the entire site and putting it in a binder. Our Best Bites is great and worth visiting for Cinnamon Bun Popcorn alone... my first ever caramel corn attempt... and it's GONE. Eaten. Devoured. Sticky fingers licked clean. Done.

If you've never made caramel corn before you will make this and wonder WHY. It's easy and delish.


OH and by the way, Our Best Bites has not ever used the can of red and white... not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that, but they do give great, easy, tasty and "comfort" food recipes without the old standby.

1 comment:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Thanks so much Amy! I'm so glad you're enjoying our recipes!

-Sara