Friday, October 22, 2010

Another Pumpkin?

Absolutely. What is Fall without pumpkins made of things that are not pumpkin? Well... it's just not fall. Right?

While I was making my twine pumpkin I thought, you know what might have the same rustic, rough "feel"? Burlap. So while I was at the dollar store grabbing some googly eyes I also picked up this bulapy-ish type of stuff to give it a shot. I don't have any instructions all laid out for this, because honestly I didn't think it was going to be as cute as this in the end.

If you read the post about the twine pumpkin then it's the same start - cover foam ball in batting. From there it's fabric and this weird papery burlap stuff, twine for the pumpkin ridges and fabric for the leaves.  Nothing too finicky. Considering I thought this whole project as going to be a big fat bust in the end, I am pleasantly surprised!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NEAT!